Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pros/Cons Unanimous Choice, HoF...Jeter!

I have been a TRUE Yankee fan for about 70 years.
Jeter has been hyped more than any player I have ever seen.
How can anyone in their right mind think a singles hitter that happen to play SS for theYankees, is a unanimous choice for HoF. He has one of the worse defensive ratings of any SS...#261 of 281! 

"Captin Clutch", fans call him, name me 5 clutch plays he has made in his 20 years of playing. Name me any season Jeter lead the team anywhere. He was named(voted) the top Yankee player 3 times in 20 years. Mickey was named Top  Player 10 times in 16 years...get the idea? The truly great players don't need all the hype he has gotten over the years. Players like Mo, Mickey, Yogi, and Whitey...you know, the real greats of the Yankee Teams.

I think that is enough of the negative, let's show the positive.

Jeter has one good MLB record...3400+ hits., which is almost impossible NOT to have, being #7 in At Bats and batting .310 in the #2 slot! When I say he was a singles hitter, check it out...#5 in history. Playing 20 years with a .310 BA is not an easy thing to do, also being the Face of the Yankees is also something I would never want around my neck.
I have said and say again, every generation of Yankee Fans needs a hero, mine was Mickey, along with Whitey, Yogi, Billy and LoPat. This generation has Jeter a guy that played a long time and set many NEW Yankee Records. Jeter is one of the 20 best Yankees but not in the top 10...one way players can't belong in the top 10.
Jeter will be in the HoF, rest assured BUT, No Way is he a Unanimous Choice


No comments:

Post a Comment